Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Road So Far

     

      Sorry for the Supernatural reference, but I just got finished marathon watching 10 seasons of the show before next month. I can thank a few of the people I follow on twitter (namely William Shattner) for getting me curious about the show after the season 9 finale. So now I have an ever increasing list of TV shows that I marathon watch during the summer. This is why Netflix and Hulu are my source of TV rather than pay for cable. Next show on my list is either Agents of Shield or Arrow. I don't have enough tissues right now to go through all of Doctor Who.



Tanks.... learn 2 play!


       Anyways, back to gaming and other nonsense. I'm slowly making my way back to 60. I'm now level 47 dragoon. I hope to hit 50 in the next two nights. More and more, I find myself enjoying the game as dps rather than tanking. I would say less stressful, but then again now I have to deal with less than stellar tanks. Sunday night, Harley and I went into Stone Vigil for a dungeon run to get away from FATE Grinding. Needless to say, after a tank that dragged boss abilities on top of us and another tank that couldn't stay alive for one hit.... we vote abandoned and went back to FATE grinding. Harley actually thought she was the problem and I had to prove to her that wasn't the case. 


       As a former tank, I know how important it is to understand your class and perform to the fullest. A tank class is not something you can half ass. On the list of important jobs in a MMO, tanks are up there at the top. I had a good reminder of this when I ran an expert roulette and a few dungeons with some guildies to farm some Tome of Law and Esoterics. Even though I wasn't  as geared as the rest of the party, I was able to hold my own and run the dungeons with no problem. I knew my abilities and used them as needed, when needed. This made the run enjoyable for everyone and I was able to farm some dragoon gear. That is the only reason I tank end game dungeons, to get my gear ready for when I get my dragoon class to 60. So far I have the majority of dragoon gear drops from the end game dungeons. 

New hardware

     So, ten months ago, my Logitech G600 crapped out on me and I needed a replacement. Initially I thought to just by another one but the price caused hesitation. I searched throughout the web and by chance happened upon a cheap MMO mouse, Redragon Perdition MMO mouse. It looked nice, had plenty of side buttons,and the price was low. So I took a chance and bought it. When I got it, I immediately noticed that I would have to retrain my hand as far as holding the mouse to access the buttons. After using the mouse for the while I started liking it. Customizing the buttons was easy, weight system was nice, and software was easy to use. Over time however, I started to notice some my annoyances with the mouse. During a frantic boss fight, I could start to get hand cramps from holding it. Even with the weights, it was still too light, which caused the mouse to move every time I had to press a side button.

      So I put up with this for ten months before making the decision to purchase another Logitech G600, which came down in price. I got it in the mail yesterday, thanks to Amazon Prime. Needless to say, it was like riding a bike all over again. Button placement was good, weight of the mouse is nice, and I don't have to hammer the side buttons to get them to work. All feels right again at my gaming computer again. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment